Clothing Donation Drop-Offs
Bottomless Closet is extremely grateful for the generous clothing donations from supporters like you!!! We will be moving offices in early June, and will not be accepting donations from May 11th through June 15th to allow us time to transition to our new space. We appreciate your cooperation during this time!
Donations made after June 15th can be sent or brought to:
16 East 52nd Street, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Please call 212-563-2499, ext. 0 for the latest information about curbside, drop-off, and delivery times.
Making the Donation
Bottomless Closet has very limited resources, therefore we rely on individuals and corporations to be responsible for delivering any donations (individual donations or clothing drive donations) to our offices. See above for drop-off hours.
- Donations can be received in bags, boxes or on hangers.
- Please note we are typically unable to accommodate boxes bigger than 3′ x 3′ x 3′.
Clothing & Accessories Drives are a fun way for groups to support Bottomless Closet and the women we serve. Whether among the employees of a large corporation or the members of community organization, clothing drives are a simple but effective way to attract the support of many individuals and support a worthwhile cause by recycling and donating business clothing.
Planning Your Drive
Below are some suggestions that will help you to plan your clothing drive with Bottomless Closet.
- Contact Bottomless Closet to schedule a date for your drive. Our space is very limited and we want to ensure that we can accommodate your donations and treat your contributions with the care they deserve.
- Develop a flier: We will provide electronic versions of our logo as well as information on our mission and guidelines for donations. Each group can customize marketing materials with the dates and location of your drive.
- Schedule a kickoff: A Bottomless Closet staff member would be happy to come and speak to your group to generate some excitement.
- Consider an Accessories drive. Some of the suggested donation items listed may be easier for people to transport, and are especially useful to us. Accessories make a big difference in completing a professional image for our clients.
- All clothing & accessories donations are tax deductible, forms can be provided for individuals.
To ensure that the contributions are meaningful to our clients, we ask that all donations fit the following guidelines:
- Business Suits
- Jackets and Coats
- Other Accessories including Scarves, Belts, Unopened Hosiery and unused Cosmetics
Plus sizes (14 and up) are in demand and particularly appreciated.
We are unable to accept:
- Exercise clothing
- Evening Wear
- Used/Opened Cosmetics